Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Works in Progress 4 (in a manner of speaking)

I haven't been able to get much work done lately.  I tend to struggle with the idea of being thrown out into the week with the command to go forth and do art stuff.  This in mind, it looks like I'll be embarking on a series of somewhat more structured projects.  While I admit it's frustrating to feel like I have to be lead by the hand, it's for the best and I'm excited to see where it leads. 
In any case, the first of these is going to involve The Rocky Horror Picture Show and Godspell (because cross dressing and Jesus-loving hippies go hand in hand, apparently), which happen to be two of my all time favorite musical films.  The project, in a nutshell, is going to involve drawing a scene at multiple points overlapping on one sheet of paper. 
Today I managed to get a bit of a preliminary attempt done-- tomorrow I'll be starting to work for longer chunks of time and larger paper.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment