Monday, October 7, 2013

Comics + Art Humor =

I'll admit this is a bit of a slacking-off type post (largely because I'm still working on how to go about "blogging" without descending into unproductive navel-gazing), but I figured I'd take the opportunity to share my particular love of art humor in webcomics and the like.

(XKCD, Good Cop Dadaist Cop)

 
In addition to often providing a fun window for non-artsy types to catch a glimpse of the various quirks and facets of the art world in a way which may catch their attention, I believe that these kinds of comics also do the great service of humbling the art world.  I don't mean to say that I want artistic culture to be mocked, but I consider humor essential in approaching art, lest one begin to take oneself too seriously.


The next one I'm particularly fond of, as I think pretty much any kind of artist can identify with some of the odder things they might find themselves doing:


(DeviantArt link if the above is formatted too small: LINK)



No comments:

Post a Comment