Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Works in progress 1

Lately I've been working on the idea of telling a story in one image.  


So far I feel like I've only half answered the question here.  I've been drawing from some personal memories and experiences for my subject matter thus far while I get used to the idea of what I'm going at.  We'll see where it goes from here.  Some times my work does it's own thing and I just follow along.

In a screen printing class that I'm taking this semester, I may have accidentally ended up telling a story in a kind of unexpected way.  


The assignment began with creating a kind of imaginary perspective, and then adding some forms that would look like anthropomorphized, gestural figures.  I got a little bit ahead, and given the extra time I found myself with, started messing around and ended up adding actual, literal figures as well.  I really enjoy imagining the relationship between those two people; it looks like I've caught them in the awkward, tense silence right after finishing a serious conversation.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment