Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Music Videos

Just a couple of animated music videos I recently went back to re-watch.  Something about music videos must really do it for some animators.  The first is from the Correspondents' Well Measured Vice.  The story about this one as I've come to understand it is that the lead singer suffered a foot injury, and during the months for which he was recovering, he took the time to hand draw each frame of the following video.  I always really appreciate the very rough and unpolished look of it:


This one, the video for Miss Atomic Bomb by the Killers, is kind of an odd one for me.  The animated bits seem fairly corny in a Saturday-morning-cartoon kind of way, but in this case, I think it works nicely.  I tend to interpret it as a way of expressing the idealized, unrealistic way this man looks back on his former lover with, now that time and circumstances have distanced him from her so dramatically.


Or, you know, the animator was just a sucker for nostalgic cartoons.  Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment