Monday, March 10, 2014

Standard Update

New Studio space:

With more crappy random furniture than a thrift shop.
 

A current resting place for the backwards fairy tale originals.  Trying to decide which ones need to be revisited for my gallery show and which ones are fine as they are.


 A digital piece I finished last week in preparation for the pre-thesis review.  My digital work appears to be a point of contention for some viewers, which is, to me, fairly perplexing.  I go through every effort to make my work accessible and easy to read.  I'll have to pay attention to what may be causing these difficulties, moving forward.  Unfortunately, most of the feedback from my review was a lot of artists listening to themselves talk (fine artists absolutely love doing that).  However, I did get some genuinely helpful suggestions, such as the idea that adding text to my digital work would help add my own touch and my own voice to it, while tying it more closely to my pen-on-paper pieces.  I plan to put this to the test in the coming weeks.


 And a bonus "interaction" drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment