Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The Backward Princesses

I started work on taking the princesses of my various backwards fairy tales and developing them more as characters ("Princess" here referring to any character typically included in the merchandising of the Disney Princess franchise).








 Also redid the Rapunzel backwards fairy tale:
 And worked on out for the Little Mermaid:
Here's a confession that won't earn me many friends:  I always hated the Little Mermaid (the Disney version, at least-- that's the only one I can really speak for).  A girl who sacrifices her home, friends and family for a man she glimpsed once is not a great example for the younguns.  And hey, let's not forget how important it is to woo men by being silent.  But I think that's why I so thoroughly enjoyed rewriting Ariel's story.  
/rant.


No comments:

Post a Comment